Tuesday, December 1, 2009

A Blind Spot In My Vision -

Question

I have a family history of glaucoma, but I haven't had any tests come back positive for me. However, I've recently noticed that when I run at night in my attempts to stay in shape, after a short while I get "blind spots" which look like I've looked at a really bright light and burned my retina in my vision. One is visibly shaped like a B and the other is just round. Every night when I run, they appear and always the same shape. They disappear shortly after I stop running.

Is this due to the increased blood pressure or could this be a symptom that my pressure is increasing in my eye and I should get another test done. It's really odd but a little disconcerting.


Answer

most likely not related to eye pressure. much, much more likely IMO to be related to blood pressure changes when running (low blood pressure or high blood pressure)