Sunday, February 28, 2010

corneal ulcer

Question
about 40 days ago i was diagnosed with corneal ulcer and my doctor told me to use moxifloxocin every 2 hours and tobramycin every 4 hours. it was healed he said but i was experiencing blurriness in the right eye and he did my refraction and told me that my eyesight is still the same its just that the ulcer is in the center thats why its blurry and it will take a long time for the ulcer to retract and then you will have your 100% vision back, but about 9 days ago my bottom half of the right eye went red but no pain or discharge. he prescribed me blethamide eye drops for 5 days and still it didn't work so then he prescribed me some anithistamine plus phenylephrine drops to put in 4 times a day. it still didn't get better so today he told me to start moxifloxocin again 5 times a day and also put in acyclovir eye ointment 4 times a day.... i am very concerned about my eye, especially the redness and the blurred vision. also he told me never to wear contacts.  


Answer
Hi Sharjeel,

It isn't possible to diagnose or treat over the web, and certainly even your eye doctor isn't sure what's wrong in person.  Being treated for bacterial, herpetic, and unknown inflammation is apparently not working.  Sometimes at this point we suspect you are having a sensitivity to all the chemicals you've attacked your eye with.  Perhaps a drug holiday using simple non preserved lubricating drops may soothe the eye,but really you need further evaluation.

Regards,

Mitch Axelrod, OD