Monday, February 22, 2010

The eye examination for evidence of glaucoma

Question
Well tomorrow I have my Glaucoma eye assessment done,I am nervous,Everyone keeps telling me OO!!it,s nothing,well to me it is something,I am scared and have been crying,How can people just shrug off stuff like this?

Answer

the eye examination for evidence of glaucoma is very routine. Really no different than any other eye appointment. Please don't be fearful of the exam.

That said, if there is evidence of glaucoma, that is something to take very seriously. Glaucoma can rob a person of their eyesight. That is why I take my diagnosis of early stage glaucoma seriously.

There is good news. If detected early, there are effective treatments for glaucoma. For example, I use prescription eye drops (Xalatan) each day to maintain my intraocular eye pressures (IOP) in the normal range. And beyond that, there are also effective surgical treatments.

Good luck with the exam.