Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Glaucoma eye drops

Question:
You can shut me up if you want - and I'm sure you do! But I''m not the only one who has caught on to this! The drops - all of them - don't do any good. Why would a "preventative" make your vision worse if it so good? why use something that immediately damages your eyes is it is indeed a "preventative"?
I didn't even need reading glasses when I was made scared to death that I was going blind. within 24 hours after the first drop I couldn't read anything. I stopped the drops and now my vision is as good as it ever was.
I went to the dr. to have cataracts removed and ended up with the stupid drops. if I can find someone I trust. But I will never use so-called Glaucoma drops ..... whether your website wants to hear it or not.
So just keep posting only what your profession wants people to hear.....

Answer:

I have to say that I'm one who agrees with you about the drops they want us to use to lower our eye pressures.

I'm 60 years old and just last year while having a routine eye exam, it was discovered that my eye pressure were high -- 32 in each eye. I was sent for more testing which included a visual field test, as well as photos of my Optic Nerves. The results didn't show any Optic Nerve damage nor did it show up any definitive problems with my eyesight or peripheral vision. Technically, they cannot say you have Glaucoma unless you have Optic Nerve Damage. The doctor wanted to immediately put me on eye drops to decrease my pressures. NOT SO FAST! I'm someone who researches EVERYTHING, and I'm also someone who thinks out of the box! Being someone in my 60's I'm in excellent health and look 10 years younger than my age. I think it's because I STAY away from any medications and rely on alternative and natural ways of treating things.

I honestly believe that more people would be healthy if they stayed away from most prescription drugs.

My doctor was not happy that I refused his eye drop prescriptions and has agreed to just keep checking my pressures periodically. I just cannot accept that these drops as well as the surgeries, which tend to make matters worse healthwise for a great many of these people who agree to take this stuff, is all that they have to offer to lower eye pressures. There has to be something safer out there. Also, they really still don't KNOW for sure what causes Glaucoma -- they just assume that it's the high eye pressures. These meds just lower eye pressures, and yet, they stop working and patients have to try other things, and then they stop working, and things just seem to get worse.