Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Drops/sinus problems

Question:
I tried to find a forum for this but could not find a topic on it.
I went out to dinner with my girlfriend this evening and her eyes were red.
I asked her what was up. She said that she went to the eye DR.because of itchiness and he gave her two samples...
One was ALAMAST which was 4x daily, and she used it up .. and then the other one was PATANLO which was 2x daily.
I thought it was odd that the doctor gave her two different samples.? Anyway it has been almost two months and her eyes are redder and itchier than ever.
I am thinking that something else is going on here.
She has not hd any surgery although the beginning of the summer she went to the eye doctor who told her she had the beginning of macular degeneration but did not recommend anything be done about it.
So my questions are, which drops are better and or safer, and could this redness be the beginning of uveitus?
Thanks a lot

Answer:

I have had glaucoma for about 4 years with the pressure now down to 17 in both eyes (top has been 26). Per Dr., I have used various drops, the present being lumigen, azopt, and alphagamP. My problem is the allergy to all drops used over the past 4 months. The edge of my eyes are very itchy and red, as well as the area below my eyes. Vasoline helps most of the time and sometimes the itching stops for a week or more, but always returns. Opthalmologist has no solution, nor does my dermatologist.