Thursday, March 4, 2010

Axis altered for convenient ordered??

Question
Hello!  I have in my hand, a prescription that reads:

right: -3.5-0.75X180

left: -3.25-1.25x005

I am trying to purchase lenses online because they are significantly less expensive; however, my left axis is 005 when all that is offered is increments in 10.  Should I just get the 010?



Thank you,

Karoline


Answer
Dear Karoline,



One cannot order a contact lens prescription without a contact lens trial. You need elements like Base Curve diameter etc.



Please ask your treating optometrist to check which lens suits you, as many could have similar prescription but different fits of lenses.



It may be worth considering doing this step first as it will give you not only an accurate prescription, but also save your money (you may order wrong lenses with the current prescription and be stuck with them).



Hope this helps,



Best,

Dr Shroff

www.shroffeye.org