Thursday, March 4, 2010

Frames

Question
Hi

This may seem like a dumb question...

I have two pairs of eyeglasses.

I had the eye exam and the frames done at the same place.

I wasnt happy with the frames-they werent what I wanted, but the sales girls assured me I looked better in the ones(more expensive)they picked out.

I wanted the good old fashioned black 'Buddy Holly' style!

There is a new discount optical shop in my town.

Can I take them there and get new frames? They might have to grind the lenses to fit but thats OK.

Thanks!


Answer
Hi Bud,

You can take your glasses to any optical shop but take your current glasses prescription with you that your doctor gave you after your eye exam (had to by law).  They may not be able to regrind the lenses, though.  Certainly I would first go back to the first place and try to get satisfaction as I'm sure they don't want a customer leaving as you want to do.  They may have other frames or be able to get other frames for you.

Regards,

Mitch Axelrod, OD