Tuesday, March 2, 2010

eye issues

Question
a year ago I had an extreme headache and was told it was a migraine. Since then my left eye will stay dilated. If i go from bright light to dark that eye will not adjust for a max of 30min. I have a lot of floaters as well as some flashes of light in my periferal occassionally. I recentley hit my head on the left side (had a concussion about 6 months ago on that side) and now have 2 red blood blisters on the inside of my lower eyelid. I also occassionally experience numbness on the left side of my face.


Answer
Dear Nancy,



One needs to look into the resons why your eye continues to be dilated...a good option would be to see a neuro ophthalmologist.



Also, some symptoms may not be associated with the eyes, but could be neurological in origin.



The red blisters which you describe, will fade away eventually.



Hope this helps,



Regards,



Dr Anand Shroff



www.shroffeye.org