Thursday, March 4, 2010

New Glasses blurry ness off center

Question
Hi



I recently got new glasses and am having a problem with blurriness when looking probably even 20 degrees off of center. Basically if I am not looking at the object straight on its blurry.



I have a high index lens, I think my prescription is in the +5.00 region ....



I just had my eye exam 3 weeks ago and there was no change in my prescription so I simply ordered a new pair.



I got them, they were blurry then so they sent them back to be remade. I picked them up again and I am seeing the same problem. My other pair of glasses that I got 2 years ago has no blurriness whatsoever and I don't have any problem with them. The eye doctor says they have been remade and there is nothing wrong with the prescription, but driving with them is hard since I have to turn my entire head just to make sure I am clear of traffic at a stop sign.



Also my new glasses are actually bigger than my older pair and have bigger lens so I am confused to as why I am having a problem with this new pair. In the past my eye doctor had said that I was allergic to polycarbonate lens and such I shouldn't use them and thus I have used plastic lens ever since including these ones.



Any suggestions ??



Thanks



Chris L


Answer
Dear Chris,



of course there is a short temporary transisiton period of 'getting used to' your glasses.



But to me this sounds like it will affect your safety while driving if not comfortable with them or getting distracted with the blurred vision.



You may take another opinion ...thats best I can suggest as you have already re visited the centre which made these in the first place.





Regards,

Dr Shroff

www.shroffeye.org