Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Eye redness & sore

Question
I got an eye sore on both of my eyes and I got headache as well due to the fresh paint and varnish I used while painting the office. What is the treatment so it won't get worse. Do I need to see a doctor- optometrist or ?  Please advise also any home treatment. Thanks a lot!  


Answer
Wow - I am having a hard time understanding what you mean by an "eye sore."  If there is actual pain, is there a chance the paint or varnish splashed into your eyes?  If not, there is the chance you have a chemical burn from the fumes - especially if you did not have a window open or good ventilation.  



For tonight if you can get them I would use artificial tears liberally - every few minutes when you are awake.  If in the morning you still have any pain and especially if you are light sensitive or still have the headache, I would definitely get in to see an eye doctor.  You may have damage that needs prescription level treatment.